Is your auto coverage adequate and is it the right coverage? Finding good auto insurance can be a hassle. Deciding on how much coverage you need based on what you can afford is always the deal setter or breaker. Let Us Help!
A Few Things to Think About Prior to Buying Your Auto Coverage:
- What is the value of your asset you will be insuring? – Consider the value of your vehicle
- What do you drive? – Do you lease or own? Comprehensive & collision are usually a requirement, but if your vehicle is older, you may be able to save monthly by reducing these coverages
- How much do you drive? – The more time you spend on the road, the higher the risk of an accident.
- Who’s in the car with you? – Do you carpool? Driving the neighborhood kids to baseball practice? Make sure you’re taking that liability impact into consideration.
- Do I need more liability coverage than required by law? – Minimum is just that and typically enough to replace the others vehicle, but may not be enough for medical expenses should there be any.
- Do I need an Umbrella Policy? – Typically this would depend on the value of your asset or vehicle
- Do I need to add my teenager to my insurance policy? – Only if they will be a driver listed on the vehicle
- Do red cars cost more to insure? – Color of cars does not matter, what we consider is year make and model as well as engine size and type of vehicle.
Auto Insurance Defined:
Liability for Property Damage only covers the other vehicle in the instance of an accident that is declared legally your fault. Liability can only be applied to a vehicle that you own outright.
Liability for Bodily Injury covers the expenses of other people’s injuries or death when you as the driver are at fault. Most states require minimum coverage.
Collisions (Full Coverage) Insurance covers both you and the vehicle involved in the incident or collision with another vehicle, object or flipping over. Full coverage insurance is required if you have a Lien or outstanding loan on the vehicle, meaning you have it on loan from the bank and are still making payment on said vehicle.
Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) covers your medical bills and funeral expenses if yourself, passengers, even a pedestrian that may have been hurt or worse. It may also cover a passenger injured in someone else’s vehicle or a pedestrian struck by a vehicle.
Comprehensive covers you and your vehicle in the event of fire, earthquake, flood, falling object, collision with an animal or theft and is usually required if your vehicle is under lease or if you have an outstanding loan with a lender.
Uninsured & Underinsured Motorists Coverage covers you in the event you are in an accident with another motorist that is not insured or is underinsured, usually covering the cost of medical bills or wages due to loss of work.
Other Auto Policies to Consider:
Accident Forgiveness, Farmers will forgive one accident within a 3-year period.
New Car Pledge if your nee car is totaled within the 1st two years of ownership (24,000 miles), Farmers will replace your vehicle without depreciation, and if minor repairs are needed, we will make sure only OEM (original equipment manufacture) parts are used.
Emergency Roadside Assistance provides 24/7 access to roadside assistance through the Farmers Claims Department including towing, battery jump, locksmith or flat tire.
Farmers Glass Service quickly connects you with a reputable glass company in your area for ease of scheduling and national lifetime warranty for as long as you own or lease the vehicle.
Car Rental Reimbursement offers free pickup and delivery and direct billing to Farmers as well as an automatic deposit waiver.
Things You Should Teach Your Teenagers Before Getting Behind the Wheel!
Extended Customized Equipment Coverage covers the optional equipment not permanently installed in your vehicle as well as theft of such items as tapes, discs or other equipment designed for the reproduction of sound.
Ask About Our Discounts!
- Business/Professional Groups (doctors, engineers, dentists, police, fireman, teachers)
- Retired Professional
- Good Students
- Safe Drivers
- Alternative-Fuel Vehicles
Get the right coverage for you. Ask if you qualify for the most discounts in insurance!
Feel free to email us or give us a call for more information!