A valuable Coverage Good for Your Business or Organization
Business Insurance is pleased to offer Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI). EPLI provides additional coverage your business or organization may face: defense and indemnity losses involving litigation that could potentially arise from past, present, or future employee/employer relations in which the scenario could lead to a significant loss or lawsuit.
The average Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) complaint can take a year or more because Federal, State & Local statutes are becoming increasingly complex.
Here’s a few things covered by EPLI:
- Wrongful Termination of employee or staff
- Sexual Harassment in the workplace
- Discrimination against race, color, sexual orientation, gender
- Negligent promotions or retentions
- Wrongful refusal to hire
- Slander, defamation, libel, invasion of privacy
On the preferred – optional higher limit policy offers an extended reporting period of up to three years. “Claim” is defined to include alternative dispute resolution, civil and administrative proceedings, and arbitration.
You Can Choose from Different Levels of Coverage:
Offered on an opt in basis (for a small premium), ELPI coverage is automatically included in most new business or renewal policies packages.
- Basic Limits apply on a per-policy basis for all locations
- $50,000 – $100,000 limits, depending on the state in which you live
- Most states require a minimum retention of $2,500
Optional Higher-Limit Coverage:
- Higher limits available up to $1 million dollars in coverage
- Premium based on the number of employees and type of business or organization
For an Additional Premium, preferred policy program also offers:
- Punitive damages where permitted by law
- Third-party-discrimination – claims brought on by non-employees such as customers, suppliers, delivery personnel
Free Risk Management
ELPI give you a FREE, world class risk management website farmerskey.com that contains such links as:
My Workplace – An Area designed for internal communication for all registered users and employees such as a calendar, internal chat, employee handbook, and more.
Training – Four training modules that cover different ways to avoid sexual harassment in the workplace , wrongful termination, discrimination, and promote ethical behavior.
Knowledge Vault – A reference section containing article on important workplace issues such as self-audits, federal and state websites, major employment litigation, Human Resources, legal representatives designated by the site admin.
Best Practices Help Line – Loss prevention consultation via phone conference or telephone on how to manage employee relations and address all work issues such as:
- Crisis management
- Treats of litigation
- Responding to incidents of wrongdoing
To schedule a call, registered uses should the request form on farmerskey.com, complete and return the signed form to the fax number located on the top of the form and an agent will be in contact with you within 24 hours.
Get the right coverage for you. Ask if you qualify for the most discounts in insurance!
Feel free to email us or give us a call for more information!